Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dec 3--Matt's Latest Email


Dad, thank you for your letter, when I read it it came to me that you have
been leading your family as the youngest. (kinda like Nephi) and it also
brought to my mind a scripture that mom actually showed to me a long time
ago that I re-found the other day in Isaiah (I really don't remember how to
spell in English) chapter 58:12 I'd write it in English but I only have it
in Spanish so let's see...
''And your loved ones will build upon the ancient ruins. yea ye shall raise
the foundations of generations in generations, and thy name shall be:
repairer of breach-es, restorer of places of habituation.''
That scripture is actually happening and you are help it happen. Thank you
so much for that, it really touches my heart and makes me happy.

Right now in the mission I am learning that I know nothing at all, haha,
This area is difficult, it is the sort of area that (in the sense of the
commitment to work) kills some missionaries. I'm not saying that so that
you will worry, I'm sayiing that because you have taught us kids how to be
persistant. I appriciate that and I use it every day. Thank you for helping
me get out here. It has the best thing that has happend to me. I am finally
becoming the kind of person that will be able to build upon what you taught
us, put it in practice in my own family ( my VERY much in the future
family) I have had to learn how to do other things that I didn't know how
to do, like helping other people receive revelation from the scriptures. I
know I wouldn't be able to do those things without the help that you have
and continue to give me.

Hey mom, thankyou for this letter, I always enjoy reading it weakly. Umm,
also thanks for the pictures, you and dad are looking great, The service
also looks like it was very beautiful, Thank you. BTdubbs, yes I did recive
the package, and it was a huge hit, I made to choise (or mistake) to open
it in a meeting with a lot of missionaries (11 to be exact) and you had
included 12 peanut butter cookies in the package! it was perfect! I started
handing out the cookies, honestly it was like a pack of salvage wolfs were
bearing down on me, but after everyone got a cookie they all were very
happy! haha. Thank you! also, thank you for the pictures! I love getting
pictures of the family!

Miriam, That's cool about everything, what will I be doing for christmas?
Well, i think I will be out in the street preaching, haha, no we are going
to organise a lot of family home evenings and a choir to sing to the less
active people that live here. I'll wish you luck at your deca concert right
now! I know that that kinda stuff can help you in your life later, how are
you and presty poo doing? Are you turning into a hipster? We will have to
talk about this.... Why did the hipster burn his mouth when he ate pizza?
Because he ate it before it was COOL! haha!

So Thomas, where did you get mono from buddy ol' pal? Haha, well how are
you feeling? are you still feeling weak and such? Tell me about school and
your web comic!! Send me more comics, the last one made me laugh.

Katrina, I still have a long time left on the mission, but sure, when I get
back, if you remember, we can watch LOTR, I remember the feeling of
finishing a play, everyone super tired out and wondering ''What next?''
That's really cool that you are reading the scriptures! yay!

 ok well this week has been... interesting, we tried changing the way we
are working and... the change we made... didn't work at all hah, so we had
to change again, asking the Lord for help. We are starting to see some
budds that could grow into something amazing here in the ward!

Missionay work is as simple as doing home or visiting teaching. I invite
all of you to do is to look for someone to share the gosple with. The
missionaries there will love you, I promise! If you take it one step
farther and tell them that you would love to accompany them and visit the
person they will probably die of happiness, Im hitting myself in the head
for not asking you guys to fast last week to find someone to share the
gosple with! If you don't want to do it, before you say: ''No, I cant do
that'' Think of your brother (or son) that is walking for hours up and down
the streets here looking for someone to talk to. I can promise blessings
and a spiritual improvement in your life.

I am glad that you could all sing to Grandma and tell her that you love her
before she passed away. well, I love you all and I am sad that I wasn't
able to be there. I cant wait to be able to talk to you all this christmas!

1 comment: