Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dec 10--Dear Elder


Dear Elder,

Hi.  How are you?  Boy, thanks for your last letter.  It was wonderful!  I
really like what you said about Dad being the repairer of the breach,
because that is what he is, and so are all of you kids in your own way.  
Thank you also for your kind words about us teaching you when you were
young.    There are so many things that we neglected to do or did wrong,
but I know that if we stay close to Jesus Christ and do our best, He will
make up the difference.

So, you opened your Christmas present early.  I don't know how
Santa feels about that, ha ha.  Actually, I am glad you made such a
generous choice.  It wasn't much, but you managed to magnify something
small into something bigger.   I did wonder what you would do on Christmas
day, but with such a giving attitude, I know you will be filled with the
spirit of Christmas and find great joy.  Much of my joy that day will come
from being able to Skype with you!

You have written to us about doing missionary work as a family, and I'm
sorry that we didn't fast about it last month.  Maybe next month?  My
guess is that it will have to come from you, not from me, to get everyone
on board.  I have been praying for help to do missionary work as a family.
 The scriptures say that all things are possible with God.  If our family
actually had a successful missionary experience, it would certainly prove
that scripture, ha ha.  We did take Christmas gifts around to neighbors as
a family last night.  We got to visit with quite a few, and it was a
wonderful experience.

I'm sorry things are slow in your area right now.  I am praying for you
and your companion.  Dad says you are having more success now than he had
in any area of his mission to Japan.  When you start out with a bang,
though, it's hard to go down to a dull roar, right?

Thomas's tests came back and showed that he has had undiagnosed mono in
the past, so he doesn't have to stay home from school or anything.  He is
allowed to do anything he feels up to.  Well, I take that back, he can't
participate in contact sports till we have him checked by our doctor to
make sure he doesn't have an enlarged spleen.  He was going to go out for
wrestling, but decided not to and to try out for the school play instead.

Tuesday night, we went to hear Katrina and Thomas sing Christmas songs with the children's choir. We met Allen and
Becky there and the kids sang beautifully.  We had a nice time with Allen
and Becky, and they treated us to Subway afterward.  Sadly, Dad had to
work and couldn't come.  

Let's see,yesterday I had lots of meetings.  Last night, Cassandra
and I made plans for when we go stay with them.  I told the family at
dinner what she and I discussed, and we are very excited.  Jon came by
yesterday, too.  I thought he was going to bring by some shirts for me to
sew.  Maybe he will today.

Today I am subbing which I am going to begin doing again now that Grandma
no longer needs my care.  I don't know how I feel about it, but it will
probably end up being good.  Dad and I have been watching LOTR in
anticipation of seeing the Hobbit on Saturday.  I'm sure we will not
finish LOTR by then, but it is fun to watch what we can.  This week is the
ward Christmas party and also the neighborhood play.  Thomas is Mr. Cold
Miser.  The girls are supposed to sing, but I'm not sure whether or not
that will happen.  Tonight we will be doing toys for tots for family home
evening.  Have a wonderful  week!

Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment