Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

I enlisted the kid's help in writing about our week.

Katrina,
Most of the family on my dad's side of the family came down for Thanksgiving.  After lunch some of us went downstairs and played the Wii.  On Friday we headed up north to visit my mom's family.  We ate leftovers and had a lot of fun! This Monday I'll be trying out for my school musical Beauty and the Beast.  It's going to be great.

Miriam,
Thanksgiving was wonderful, the food was good, the company was good! It was also nice to have Allen, Becky, Matt and Jon staying with us. It was also nice to see some more relatives on Friday. I've been working hard lately in choir getting ready for our Carols and Confections concert which is coming up really soon.

Thomas,
One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is left overs and luckily we have a lot but it kind of messes with my brain to eat turkey when I am surrounded by Christmas decorations! On Friday we went to my aunt's house, and we got to see my uncle and cousins and grandparents, too. We had a great time. On Monday wrestling starts back up after a week of break.  The coaches are going to work us hard, and I am going to regret eating so much.

Like the kids said, Jon and Matt came up for Thanksgiving.  Ir was so nice to see them!  We saw Matt's English teacher at a restaurant one night and he said Matt is doing well.  Jon has a job in the mail room and seems to like it pretty good.  We got to talk to Cassandra and Emerson and Lily on Thanksgiving day.  We talked on Skype which of course means that we got to see them as well as talk to them.  It was so fun to see little Lily.  She is almost four months old now and as cute as can be!  They are all doing well and went to some friends' house for Thanksgiving.

Brian outdid himself this week, first on Thursday when he cooked the turkey, dressing, and potatoes to perfection and again on Saturday when he decked out our house in holiday lights.  Our home has never looked so festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment