Monday, November 14, 2011

Disneyland--The Beginning of our Great Adventure

On Thursday Nov 3 at 4:45 pm Brian and I kissed our kids, got in our car and headed to California.  Thus began our exciting anniversary extravaganza.  We actually planned on leaving at 3:00, but you know how it is getting out the door.  We stayed overnight in a Hampton Inn on the road and got driving again early Friday morning.  By noon, we were having a blast at Disneyland.  

We spent the rest of that Friday and all day Saturday at Disneyland and California Adventure.  It was cold and rainy, but I’d saved the day by insisting on buying rain ponchos before we entered the park..  Some highlight s of our time at Disneyland were seeing the world of color, which was wonderful, seeing the new Little Mermaid ride, seeing the re-made star tours.

  The worse  thing that happened to us in Disneyland was when we were in the Indiana Jones ride and I accidentally knocked Brian’s glasses off his face and they fell out of the vehicle.  They are now lost and gone forever.  I was so sad, I started to cry, because I knew that Brian would be miserable on our cruise without them.  I felt much better after he told me that he’d brought along his spare pair—He’d just had a feeling to bring them.  So, at one point, I had saved the day and at another point I had almost destroyed the entire vacation.  Whew! 
  
Anyway, we also got to see the “Nightmare BeforeChristmas” overlay at the Haunted Mansion which was really fun.  At Astro Blasters we saw a tribute to Elvis.  We enjoyed hearing the songs and watching people dance and have fun.  

The only real gift we bought at Disneyland was for our little grand baby, Lily.  Brian saw some stuffed baby Disney characters, each wrapped in its own little blankey and he wanted to buy one for Lily.  I thought baby Winnie the Pooh was the cutest and he did, too, so we bought it for her.  While were there they were filming the Christmas parade, but we didn’t pay much attention.  We were amazed that people would stand for hours and hours while the y shot and re-shot the scenes just for a chance to be on TV.  I decided that if I ever work for Disney, I want to be on the Story book Land ride so that I can tell stories to little kids all day long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment