Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday School

Brian teaches the 15 year olds in Sunday school, but last Sunday, he left church early because he was feeling sick, so who got to teach his class?  You guessed it...me.  I didn't want to prepare the lesson during Sacrament meeting, so when it got over, I made a copy of the lesson material.  When I got to class, there were 4 of us, me and 3 young people.  I didn't feel real happy to be there giving a lesson I hadn't prepared, but we had a prayer, and I said my own prayer in my heart that I would be filled with love for these young people and that we would be taught by the Spirit.  I cut out 3 parts of the lesson and passed them out to the class, explaining that they would be teaching that day.  After five or ten minutes of quiet study, we were ready to begin.  The lesson was about sacrificing what we want in order to do God's will.  It was filled with stories about the life of a former prophet of our church, President Ezra Taft Benson, who lived a life of sacrifice for the Lord.  I directed the lesson, but the youth taught it and they did a wonderful job.  They took the assignment seriously, relating the stories in their own words and asking meaningful questions. I felt my heart swell with love for them.  By the end of the lesson, the room was filled with the Spirit.  I told them I had prayed that I would feel the Holy Ghost that day, and thanks to their lesson, I did.  I feel very grateful to Heavenly Father for answering prayers and attending our class that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment