Sunday, October 9, 2011

This Week

This has been quite a week.  First of all, we went from hitting 90 degrees last week to having snow this week.  Fall has officially arrived!  Knowing the bad weather was coming on Thursday, we tried to enjoy the good weather while we had it.  On Monday, we bought Jay Dogs and enjoyed them on the grass at the foot of the University.


Backyard Fun
On Tuesday, we had what was probably our last back-yard meal of the year.  Miriam and I made potato salad and chicken sandwiches .




Knowing the snow was coming, on Wednesday, Brian, Miriam, Katrina, and I drove up to see the fall colors while we still could.  It was cold and rainy, but we had fun.

  Thursday it snowed.


Katrina and Shakespeare!
Katrina left Thursday morning for Shakespeare competition, so the rest of the week was just Brian, Miriam, Thomas, and me.  Weird.  We went from having 5 kids home in the summer to having only 2 home the last part of this week.


My Parents
 Thursday was also my dad's birthday.  I spend a wonderful hour talking to him on the phone about conference, gardening, family, mountain lions, etc.  I then spent another wonderful hour talking to my mom on the phone talking about them coming here to watch the kids when we are on our cruise in November, them coming here for Thanksgiving, family, crochet, etc.  What a nice evening!

 Friday I visited my sister, Elizabeth, and we worked on our plans for a Noah's Ark puzzle.
Friday night, Brian and I went out with our good friends, Stacy and Jake, and Miriam and Thomas watched their kids which was very sweet of them.  Brian and I and Stacy and Jake had a ton of fun.

Saturday, Brian and I went to the ground breaking of the new temple, Miriam and I painted a cat and made greeting cards at Super Saturday, and Brian and Thomas went shooting.  Saturday night, Thomas went to the football game with Jonathan, who was in town visiting a friend, and we went to see a great comedy show at the university.  It was so fun!

That was our week.

No comments:

Post a Comment