Sunday, July 24, 2011

Walking More than a Mile in their Moccasins

Yesterday evening we watched a Mormon Tabernacle Choir pioneer day concert on television.  It was also a great way to celebrate pioneer day.  They sang pioneer songs and patriotic songs also.  Yesterday afternoon I definitely was feeling much sympathy for the pioneers because we walked and walked and walked and walked.  All day.  First Brian, Katrina, Thomas, and I walked from the laundry to Center, then to University and back to the laundry.  That was about 24 blocks.  Then, after we picked Miriam up from work, we went up the canyon and hiked along a stream to a spring which was another 2.6 miles.  I, who was in flip flops the whole time was not a happy pioneer by the end.  At the beginning I actually did sing as I walked and walked, but by the last “and walked,” I was not singing.  Or smiling.  Or talking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment