Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shower Power

Wednesday was Cassandra’s shower.  It really turned out well.  I can think of tons of things I should have done differently, but it did go well.  We showered Cassandra long distance by utilizing Skype.  We had Cassandra; my mom along with my sister Julie and my nieces; and our group here at our house all on screen at the same time.  We played games and opened presents together.   We even ate the same food, for the most part.  I really appreciate the love and support we received from our family.  Both Kelly and Sarah had to drive more that an hour and a half to come, Julie missed a night of her family’s Grand Canyon trip to come, My mom did all the coordinating on her end, and Elizabeth sewed the crib skirt.   We gave Cassandra crib bedding for the shower.  Brian’s mom, sister, and niece pitched in generously for the bedding as did many other family members and friends, as I said, Elizabeth sewed the dust ruffle,  Katrina sewed the fitted sheet which turned out beautifully, and Miriam spent hours ironing the flower fairy squares for me to sew on to the bumper pads.  Miriam and Katrina also tied the quilt.  It was a wonderful group effort.  Cassandra loved her gifts and is so grateful to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment