Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mountain Retreat

Today Brian and I are in a resort town in the mountains where he has a conference for work.  We got here yesterday at 10:00.  He went straight to a meeting and I went straight to the outlet mall and shopped till I dropped and bought some cute clothes.  After we met up again at 3:00, we walked around Main Street and looked at the shops.  Then we ate at a local teryaki place which was delicious.  Back at the room, we watched “The Lightning Thief.”  Brian went on a treat run partway through the movie.  When he asked me what I wanted, I told him ice cream or chocolate or rice pudding would be good, so he  brought back all three.  That was so sweet of him!  We had tons of fun being together.  Now he is  back at meetings and I am here in bed.  I’m feeling sick which is really weird because I never get sick so I am hoping it will go away soon.   We are planning to have more fun today, so I can’t be sick.  Brian is so fun to be with and interesting to talk to and thoughtful and nice.  I am such a lucky person!

Afterward:  I didn’t stay sick and did more shopping.  When Brian was done with meetings, we rode the city tram up the mountain.  We explored some old wooden water tanks at the top of the mountain and got caught in a rain storm.  We took refuge in an old abandoned electrical station house thingy and smooched.  When the rain storm was over, we wanted to ride the tram back down, but they wouldn’t let us because of the weather, so we had to ride down in a van.   It was all very, very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment