Saturday, June 25, 2011

This Week

This has been such a nice week.  On Monday we did something really great.  I’m not sure what it was, but I’m sure it was really great.  I do remember what we did in the evening when Brian got home.  We ate meatloaf and sweet potoato fries for dinner and then we all had family home evening. 

We read a conference talk about faith by Elder Russell M Nelson of the quorum of the 12 apostles.  It was a wonderful talk and after we read it, we discussed it.  I especially liked the fact that Elder Nelson quoted the prophet, President Monson’s words, “The future is as Bright as your Faith.”  I love that quote because it teaches us not to fear the future, but have faith and everything will be all right.  After that we bought ice cream and went to Barnes and Noble to buy a book


Tuesday morning I dropped Miriam and Katrina off at the church for girl’s camp.  They were there till yesterday afternoon, so during the day it was just me and Matt and Thomas at home for a few days.  I don’t know about them, but I loved it.  At home, we worked on projects; Thomas on making a drinking cup out of a coconut he bought himself at the grocery store, me on painting little scenes of Oregon on sand dollars to give our friends Rich and Luann as a thank-you gift for being such wonderful hosts and tour guides and company when we were in Oregon, and Matt on honing his video gaming skills—sigh.  Away from home, Thomas has been taking swimming lessons, playing with friends, and bike riding with me.  Wednesday we biked 10 miles and had a great time.  Matt hung out with friends and worked at Seven Peaks.   In the evenings when Brian was home, we did yard work and watched movies and worked on the coolers at Wash Hut.  Brian has work off yesterday, so he and I went out Thursday night.  We ate at a new place and that was fun.  Yesterday Matt worked and Brian and Thomas and I went out to breakfast.  After that we went walking on a new trail we discovered and had a great time.  While we were walking, the girls called.  They'd gotten home from camp early so we cut our walk and went home to see them.  Its been a nice week so far.

1 comment: