Friday, June 17, 2011

Miriam and Katrina's Choir Tour

The girls really loved their choir tour.  They stayed with 4 different host families who treated them wonderfully.  Each family had to feed them dinner, give them a place to sleep, and drive them to where they needed to be.  The program that this kids put on was so beautiful!  We got a chance to see it before they left for tour and it was amazing.  They sing of Christ and of the restoration of the gospel, and for their tour program, they also showed clips from “Finding Faith in Christ” and the Joseph Smith movie while they sang.  It was very beautiful.  The girls said that everywhere they went, people loved their singing and were touched by their message of Christ.


When the tour reached my parent's home state, the girls got to stay with them.  They were so happy to see people they knew and loved.  They told my mom that they didn’t realize how homesick they were until they saw their grandparents and got to go home with them.  My parents, who are music snobs, loved their singing and took some great pictures.  They also took the girls to see my sister and her family and their sweet new baby.  I’m so jealous that they got to see the baby before me!

The girl’s favorite host family (besides my parents, of course) was an elderly couple living on a farm who took good care of them and and showed them around the town.  They all enjoyed talking together.  I’m so glad the girls had such a wonderful experience at choir tour!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad they had fun! I'm jealous about the baby too!

    ReplyDelete