Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wonderful Day

  • This Friday, Jan 28, was a wonderful day, but it didn't start out that way. 
  •  It started out being a stress and a concern all week.  
  • Thomas's wrestling tournament was that night.
  • President Uchtdorf was also speaking in the tabernacle that night and we had an invitation to go!
  • The talk would be broadcast world wide to all church education teachers and support. 
  • I was invited with my spouse because I am a seminary substitute.  
  • The invitation included dinner afterwards in the conference center, and we were so excited to go.  
  • I had Thomas's tournament on my calendar for Saturday.
  • Then, at the beginning of the week, we found out that it was two days, Friday and Saturday.  
  • Conflict!!!
  • We prayed a lot for help.
  • We also called my sister who lives about  fifteen minutes from the tournament to help us if we needed it.  
  • On Friday, Thomas and I drove to the tournament.
  • We were unsure how it all was going to work out.  
  • We brought a skirt for me to change into and clothes to sleep over at my sister's if it came to that.  
  • I watched Thomas's first match. 
  • He was amazing!   
  • He wrestled a boy much more experienced than he was, but he would not let himself be pinned. 
  • He always gives every match all he’s got.
  • It was wonderful to watch him.  
  • He did get pinned in the end, however. 
  • After that, I wasn’t sure what to do.
  •  It was time to go hear President Uchtdorf. 
  • We had no idea when Thomas's next matches would be or what the outcome would be.
  • If Thomas lost one more match, he’d be out of the tournament for good and would need a place to go.  
  • I gave him a phone and told him to call my sister if he finished with the tournament before we finished. 
  • I left him sitting quite happily with members of his wrestling team.
  • I drove 45 minutes to the conference center and parked.
  • I changed into my skirt and boots, and walked to the tabernacle.
  • Brian met me there.
  • He had driven up after work.
  • He also came prepared to stay over with us at my sister's if we needed to.
  •  President Uchtdorf’s talk was wonderful!
  • The spirit of the Holy Ghost was very strong.
  •  It was so nice to be sitting next to my husband in the historic tabernacle listening to a prophet of God.  
  • Afterwards, we called Thomas.
  • He hadn’t wrestled yet.
  • He didn't know when he'd wrestle again.
  • We walked to the dinner at the conference center. 
  • It was wonderful food, especially the fruit. 
  • I know that sound weird.  
  • Now days all fruit, no matter how nice looking is totally tasteless.
  • This fruit was delicious.  
  • After the meal, we hurried to back to the tournament.
  • Ten minutes after we arrived, we got to watch Thomas's second match!
  • He fought at tenaciously as he could, but ended up losing in the end.  
  • That ended the tournament for Thomas's.  
  • We let my sister know that we wouldn’t be staying over after all. 
  • She and her family were so sweet to be “on call” for us like that.
  • Especially because her husband flew in from a business trip that evening.  
  • They were very kind to be there when we needed them.
  • I hope we can be as helpful to people in need as they were to us.  
  • We then made the long drive home, arriving before eleven o clock.   
  • Whew, what a day! 
  • What a wonderful, wonderful, day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment