Saturday, February 8, 2014

Feb 3--Email From Matt

Hey Mom, thanks for your letter! 

This week we did a few things. We taught Martha a bit, and we got to see Ellery. He is going through some hard moments right now, but he's taken the firm decision to be baptized. I truly believe that he's going to get baptized, I just don't know when. He started working on Sunday and that means that he will have to get baptized after he goes to church 5 times. He's gone once... so in a few months. We'll see what happens.

Lupita and Rocío both came to church. They are both dating members of the church. We are excited for them. I'll probably write more about them next week.

Martina (I talked about her in the letter that I sent on the 20th of January) came to church again! She is such a good person! She is getting more and more converted to the Gospel. She's actually trying to get her husband to listen to us. We'll see how it goes.

AHHHHHHH!!! I almost forgot! You remember Gregorio right? He's still awesome! His brother, Guillermo, (The guy that was in the rehab center) is out! He came to church yesterday!

We've been talking to a lot of people, trying to find a lot of people and praying for a lot of people.

In my studies I've been looking for the blessings that we get from following commandments. It has been really fun. I'm going to ask the Lord to bless me with those things as I do them so that I can testify to others that they can really receive them. I've gotten a little bit done, but next week (if you remind me) I'll send some of the blessings and scriptures that I've found.

My companion is studying the old testament and so basically I am too, because, I don't know why, but I love reading the old testament. I just don't read it too often because I feel like I don't learn stuff that will help the investigators. hahaha!

That's so fun to hear about your student! I'm so happy to hear that his is trying so hard to read! Being able to read really is a blessing that will help him. Do you ever feel like you are helping out a little 8-9 year old Matthew to read?           
In her letter to me, Katrina mentioned going to the art exhibit. She said that she felt the spirit there! 
                                                                                                                                                       _
                                                                                                                                                    _| |
                                                                                                                                              __/   /__
                                                                                                                                                            |       (<----That's a thumbs up right there...)
                                                                                                                                              ---\____|

I'm also glad that you are finding time to study, even if it is at 4am. Mom, I'm so grateful that you realize the importance of reading the scriptures. How did you gain your testimony of the gospel? How has it grown to what it is today? 

Do you remember that one time about 6 months ago when you and dad were on a cruse and you sent me that letter about the Beatitudes? I still have a copy in the house and the other day I found it and was reading it. I think that it was very inspired mom. Thanks for sending it! I love you!

I love you mom. I hope that you have a wonderful week and that you are able to feel the spirit as you help the kids and as you are working.  I'm doing my best here and I really love being here. I'm also glad that you are acting upon your testimony. Please remember that: "ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."

Do you remember that one time you made that little story about the breach and lifting it up based on Isaiah 58:12? That has become one of my favorite scriptures and has helped me see things in an eternal perspective.

Know that I really love you all, and that I hope that you are doing well. I hope that your week is wonderful!
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment