Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's May Day and Sunday!

Today is May Day.  I think.  Is that a real holiday?  When I was little I read a story in the LDS church children's magazine, "The Friend" about a little girl who would leave flowers on people’s doorsteps on May Day.  I thought that was the most wonderful thing and so when my Dad would plant sweet pea flowers, I would pick them, make bouquets, and leave them at my neighbor’s doorsteps.  I wish I had flowers now so that I could still do that.  I guess I’d have lilacs right now if it wasn’t still snowy and cold.  It snowed yesterday, in fact.   It is the first Sunday of the month, which is fast Sunday.  That means we didn’t eat breakfast or lunch and that we are praying for the special needs of our family and those around us.  When the young men who hold the priesthood office of deacon came by, we paid our fast offering to help those who are in need.  In Sacrament Meeting we heard church members bare testimony of the divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ; in Sunday School Brian taught the thirteen year olds about the prophet Wilford Woodruff, fourth president of the church, and in Relief Society we had a wonderful lesson about friendship.  We all napped for awhile after church and are now beginning to prepare dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment