Tuesday, April 8, 2014

March 31--Dear Elder

Dear Elder,
Hi!  How are you doing?  Did you have a good week?  How is your companion?  Did you find any new people to teach?  How are the families that you have been teaching doing?  I am so glad that Rosa Maria wants to raise her children in the gospel.  I know that it will really bless her life.  I am sorry that Carlos and Rosio haven’t been progressing much.  I will try to remember them specifically in my prayers.  I am so glad that you are teaching Jose’s whole family so that they can all live the gospel together.  It sounds like things are going really well.

It is wonderful that you are studying about the atonement.  There sure is a lot to learn, isn’t there?  I’m glad you work so hard to not only learn of Christ but also to be like Him.  You are a good example to me and the rest of the family.  Thank you so much for that, Matt.

We have had a nice week although the weather has gotten cold again.  Right now the wind is blowing really hard, and I’m glad that I’m inside, ha ha.   Some specific things have made this week so nice.  For one thing, Dad and I went to the temple Friday, which was absolutely wonderful.  There were five young missionaries in our session from the Marshall Islands who were going through the temple for the first time, and it was wonderful to be in the session with them.  

Another thing that made this week so good is that on Saturday I went to the General Women’s meeting of the church.  Katrina is on choir tour, so I went to Elizabeth’s ward and watched it with her and Esther.  Two of the speakers spoke on keeping our covenants with the Lord.  All of the talks were inspiring and the music and videos were beautiful.  I came away from the meeting feeling comforted in my sorrows and also inspired to be more loving of the women around me.  I am so glad I got to go with Elizabeth and Esther!

Besides all those wonderful things, it was also Fast Sunday today, and I am so grateful that I can fast for strength and blessings.  Not only that, but, as you know, conference is next week!  What a wonderful and much-needed time of strength and renewal.  What a blessing!  

Besides those things, we also have been doing some fun things.  Dad hasn’t had to work as much after school, so he and I got to spend some extra time together when Thomas and Miriam have been gone, and also, all four of us went to the nickle arcade this last week and had a total blast.  I had a ton of fun playing “Tubin’” and “Burger Time” with Dad.  We used to play those two games at the Wilkinson center together when we were dating and first married.  We looked around for “Bubble Bobble,” another of our faves, but it was gone.  So sad, ha ha.  Miram, Thomas, and I had fun doing basketball hoops and air hockey together.  It was great; I really didn’t expect to have so much fun.  

Katrina got her ACT score while she was gone, and it is a 31.  Her last score was a 30, so she’s happy with that.  I told her that she should take it again and study this time, ha ha.  Katrina has been calling periodically, and she says she is having tons of fun in Seattle.  Last night she called me just before they went in to see the Lion King.  She also texted Miriam earlier and asked if anyone wanted souvenirs and stipulated that they would have to pay for them or convince me to.  That made me and Miriam laugh.  Saturday, Miriam and I went shopping together and then we got frozen yogurt.  I’m glad we got a bit of girl time.  Dad and Thomas worked at the laundry and then went off on another adventure.  

After the conference last night, I got to talk to Cassandra on the phone.  They are doing good.  Cassandra’s friend gave her a super hero baby shower.  I think that is so cute!  Emerson and Lily went and did a service project together Saturday morning, I think it was, and they had a fun time.  I love those guys so much!  They are always doing something good.

Dad and I saw Jon and Costco once this week which was nice.  He’s very busy, but seems happy.  I sewed a shirt for him and helped him get a doctor’s appointment.  My favorite thing to do after work is to go to Costco, eat samples, and see Jon, ha ha!

At work we took the kids bowling again, and then we ate at the mall afterward again.  One of our students who is a real Disney fan didn’t want to go with his group—he wanted to go to the Disney store instead, of course, so I volunteered to go with him.  We were in there for a whole hour.  I’ve had my fill of Disney for quite awhile.  I did find a book for Cassandra’s baby.  It has tons of sound effects that you play as you read, and if he’s anything like my boys, he’ll love love love sound effects.  It also has a steering wheel to turn while you read.  I think Lily will like it, too.   I found out this week, also, that Elizabeth’s baby is a boy.  It is all so exciting.  Not only that, but the lady I visiting teach is having a boy.  Lot’s of boy babies to spoil.  Hooray!!!

Tonight we stake young women and young men leaders are putting on a fireside with Steven Kapp Perry.  I wonder if we will have anyone there since another stake is having a fireside tonight with the University football and soccer teams.   Dad is coming with me, but I don’t know whether Thomas will come with us or go to the other one.   It’s really pouring out there, Matt.  Dad pointed out earlier that we’ve totally lucked out this winter with lots of rain in the valley and snow in the mountains.

I’m sure Dad told you, but he is making real headway on family history I am really hoping that we will soon have some family names to take to the temple.  That will be so neat!  I tried to get on to puzzilla.com to find cousins, but I can’t figure out how to do it, even with the video they have on family search to help me.  Luckily, they have a phone number that I can call with questions, so I guess that is what we’ll do.

I love you, Matt.   Have a wonderful day.  
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment