Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 11--Email From Matt

I'm writing today because yesterday we were in the hospital from 11am to 8pm. An Elder had to get a medical tube taken out of him

What is a flibber???? I have no idea. What is it?

Sounds like you guys did have an adventure! I slightly remember going to the little canon. I really don't remember it though.

Ok, about me,
Who have we been teaching this week? Well there is a matrimony that we are teaching. Carlos and Rocío. They are parents of 2 little kids, and they do sushi in their house. It's hard to explain, they have a large, open covered porch, and they make it there. Carlos started talking to the missionaries first, but afterwards, Rocío got interested too. We haven't really gotten to know them, but they seem to be great people.

We prayed to be able to find someone to teach, because there aren't many investigators here, and we both felt impressed that we had to go and talk with a lady called Berenicia that we found in the area book. We've gone to her house, but we haven't been able to talk with her, but we have talked a little bit with her kids: Raul and Ivana. Today we have an appointment with her. Let's hope that she's there.

Today we had a muti zone conference. It was most excellent. I wrote down a few things that President Velez said: "We cannot be successful if we are prideful," Later he gave us a promise: "The missionary that loves his companion as himself, will have the success that he has always wanted to have in his mission." Wow. That's a pretty darn good promise! He said a lot of really good things that I just couldn't write down, but basically he invited us all to follow verse 74 from D+C 88
"And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean;"
Sister Velez also gave an excellent section of the training.

This week, we are going to be working really hard! I'm loving it! It's been a hard week last week, but I think that this week is going to be a fuller, possibly more difficult week, but it's going to be amazing!
I hope that you're all doing well. I'm going to finish up right now but if I had time, I would write more.

I love you Mom, Thanks for your faithful letters! Even though sometimes I cant write!
-Matt

1 comment:

  1. a fibber is a liar who doesn't want to say the real word.

    ReplyDelete