Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dec 9--Letter From Matt

Mom, I love your letters! Why do you think that they're boring. I print them off and I read them during lunch every Monday, it's the highlight of my whole day. I dedicate the week to missionary work, and Monday to 2 things: Getting ready for the week, and communicating with you guys. I love reading everything about what's going on.
Hahah! YOU are the wise person! I think that's excellent advice that you gave me, and I try to follow it in my interactions with other people. 

Ok, this week, 3 people got baptized! Johana, Sherlín and, that's right, Gregorio! Johana and Sherlín are sisters that live in the house of their aunt and uncle. Their Mom, Cildia, is their legal guardian and hadn't given her permission so that her daughters could get baptised. Both of them have wanted to be baptised for a long time. The Lord softened the heart of their mom and she signed the baptismal form so that they could get baptised. She also came to their baptism service. I know that she felt something, because the spirit was there so strongly. I had the special opportunity to baptise Johana. She is a very special 11 year old. she's.... shiny, spiritually awake. She was very scared to be baptised but confronted her fears and was baptised. The strongest feeling of approval came over me in that moment. I was reassured that the Lord approved of the ordnance that was taking place. The whole experience is a softly glowing coal in my memory. I feel the Lord's love when I think of that moment.

I love you all! I hope that you have a wonderful week!!!!!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment