Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grandma

My Grandma is turning 90 this month, and her kids are asking for everyone to write something to her, so this is the letter that I am sending to my Grandma.


Dear Grandma,
I have so many memories of you over the years.  I remember you making me hominy to eat and I remember  drinking your delicious, slushy grapefruit drink.  I remember you giving us hot water bottles to keep us warm when we spent the night.  I remember you giving Great Grandma perms; it taught me alot about honoring my parents.  I also remember all the things you made.  You made me and my siblings stuffed frogs with colorful soft bodies and big bulgy eyes.  You made me and mys sister Julie each a doll with sleeping eyes on one side and awake eyes on the other.  I named mine Jane.  You made me a quilt stitched in the outline of the temple.  You made my son, Jonathan and Katherine's boy, Michael, quilts out of the same fabric when they were babies.  You made Katherine a rag doll, I think it's name was Bernice.  You raised chickens, grew raspberries, hung and ironed laundry, mopped miles of linoleum, and lived through ten teenagers.  Grandma, you are truly my hero, I hope I can be half the mother, grandmother, great, and great great grandmother that you are, and I wish you a very happy birthday.
Love,
Marci

1 comment:

  1. Your memory is awesome. It's way better than mine was. Good work!

    ReplyDelete